HELLO, DOLLY!, the blockbuster Broadway hit, bursts with humor, romance, high-energy dancing, and some of the greatest songs in musical theater history. The romantic and comic exploits of Dolly Gallagher-Levi, turn-of-the-century matchmaker and “woman who arranges things,” are certain to thrill and entertain audiences again and again. The show’s memorable songs include “Put On Your Sunday Clothes,” “Ribbons Down My Back,” “Before the Parade Passes By,” “Hello, Dolly!,” “Elegance,” and “It Only Takes a Moment.”
- May 26 – 10 am to noon (No Dance Auditions*)
- May 27 – 2 pm to 4 pm (Includes Dance Auditions*)
**Callbacks will be Tuesday, May 29 , if necessary.
“Hello, Dolly!” with the HAC is a non-paid, community theatre opportunity. Everyone and anyone in the central Ohio area, entering 9th grade and older, are invited to audition. While we schedule two days of auditions, you only need to attend one audition session. At this time there is no need for an appointment. We request that you bring a photo. It does not have to be formal or fancy. If you’ve never done a show with us before, it will help us remember who you are.
Those auditioning should be prepared to:
- Sing a portion (16 bars) of a prepared song that shows your vocal range (it’s ok if it comes from the show). A pianist will be available.
- Participate in a cold reading from the script (for those wishing a speaking role)
- Participate in a dance audition
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to scheduling, dance auditions will be held on Sunday only. If you can’t audition on Sunday, please arrange a dance audition separately by emailing us at: email@example.com. Please put “HAC – HELLO DOLLY – Dance Audition” in the subject line. All the principle roles will require a dancing audition.
By auditioning, you are obligating yourself to a considerable rehearsal and performance process. Be certain that you are willing and able to make this commitment. After the auditions, all who audition are contacted via email regarding casting decisions. An announcement is made at auditions, to let auditionees know when they should expect to hear from the production team. Callbacks will be scheduled if/as necessary. Not being called back does not mean that you are not in the show. Likewise, being called back does not guarantee participation. A cast list is posted on the HAC website once it is final.
Casting decisions are ultimately made by the Director, Music Director and Choreographer and are final. HAC reserves the right to recast a part if a performer behaves in a manner that is deemed detrimental to the production. Rehearsals are generally held M-Th 7-9 pm, Sat. 9-11 am and Sun. 2-4 pm
- Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi — an indefatigable meddling matchmaker; a widow in her middle years
- Mrs. Irene Molloy — a millineress with a hat shop near 14th Street in New York City
- Minnie Fay — a young girl who works in Irene’s Shop
- Ernestina — a heavy-set girl in need of Mrs. Levi’s services
- Ermengarde — the 17-year-old niece of Horace Vandergelder
- Horace Vandergelder — proprietor of a hay and feed store in Yonkers, NY and a client of Mrs. Levi’s
- Cornelius Hackl — Vandergelder’s chief clerk, 33 years old
- Barnaby Tucker — an assistant to Cornelius, 17 years old
- Ambrose Kemper — a young artist seeking to marry Ermengarde
Supporting (from the Chorus)
- Mrs. Rose — sells vegetables from a street cart, a friend of Mrs. Levi’s from years before
- Coachman — non-speaking
- Horse — two chorus/dancers
- Rudolph Reisenweber — the Prussian major-domo of the Harmonia Gardens Restaurant
- Stanley — a young waiter
- Fritz, Harry, Louie, Danny, Manny, and Hank — Harmonia Gardens waiters; non-speaking chorus/dancers
- First Cook — Harmonia Gardens employee with a German accent
- Second Cook — Harmonia Gardens employee
- Judge — white-whiskered, red-nosed, New York night court
- Policemen — several New York City officers; only one speaking
- Court Clerk (Recorder) — male chorus member
- Paperhanger — non-speaking
- July 13 at 8 pm
- July 14 at 8 pm
- July 15 at 3 pm
Hilliard Davidson High School
5100 Davidson Rd, Hilliard, OH 43026
For more details contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put HAC – HELLO DOLLY in the subject line.