This is our annual production of the classic Charles Dickens story of Ebenezer Scrooge. In addition to a cash donation for admission, we will accept donations of toys, canned goods and food to benefit families in need in our area this holiday season.
Auditions will be held:
- Saturday, October 27 at 12 noon
- Sunday, October 28 at 4 pm
Christmas Carol with HAC is a non-paid, community theatre opportunity. Anyone school-aged to adult in the central Ohio area is invited to audition.
While we schedule two days of auditions, you only need to attend one audition session.
At this time, there is no need for an appointment.
We request that you bring a photo. It does not have to be formal or fancy. If you’ve never done a show with us before, it will help us remember who you are.
Those auditioning should be prepared to:
- Participate in a cold reading from the script (for those wishing a speaking role)
- All children that audition (even if they are not selected for a speaking role) are invited to be a part of the show by being a part of the children’s chorus that will sing Christmas carols throughout the show
While it is a busy time of year, please note that by auditioning, you are obligating yourself to a considerable rehearsal and performance process. Please be certain that you are willing and able to make this commitment.
After the auditions, all those who audition are contacted via email. An announcement is made at auditions, to let those who audition know when they should expect to hear from the production team.
Callbacks will be scheduled, if/as necessary. Not being called back does not mean that you are not be in the show. Likewise, being called back does not guarantee participation.
A cast list is posted on the HAC website once it is final.
Casting decisions are ultimately made by the Director and are final. The HAC reserves the right to recast a part if a performer behaves in a manner that is deemed detrimental to the production.
Rehearsals are generally held M-Th 7-9, Sat. 9-11 and Sun. 2-4.
- Ebeneezer Scrooge – a miserly, money-hungry businessman
- Bob Cratchit – Scrooge’s clerk
- Fred–Scrooge’s adult nephew
- Jacob Marley – Scrooge’s business partner who died seven years ago
- Spirit of Christmas Past – the first of the spirits foretold by Marley who shows Scrooge parts of his past
- Spirit of Christmas Present – the second of the spirits foretold by Marley that shows Scrooge Christmas celebrations in the present time
- Spirit of Christmas Future – the third spirit foretold by Marley that shows Scrooge Christmases in the Future
- Tiny Tim – the lame son of the Cratchits
- Ebenezer – as a young boy
- Fran – young Ebeneezer’s sister
- Ebeneezer – as teenager/young man
- Fezziwig – Scrooge’s first employer
- Belle – a young woman Scrooge had been engaged to in his youth
- Mrs. Cratchit – Bob Cratchit’s wife
- Cratchit children – can be played by either gender
- Martha – the Cratchit’s oldest daughter
- Peg, Fred’s Wife
- Two Businessmen or women
- Young Boy – the boy Ebeneezer enlists for a turkey shopping trip)
- Town Crier
- Town Children (will be singing as a chorus throughout the show)
- Friday, December 7th at 7 pm
- Saturday, December 9th at 11 am, 2 pm and 7 pm
Please bring one of the following per person attending:
- A minimum cash donation of $5 (feel free to donate more if the spirit moves you)
- A new, unwrapped toy
- Five canned food items
Email The Hilliard Arts Council and put “Christmas Carol 2018” in the subject line.