Last year, we shared 15 great short films from local filmmakers with an enthusiastic audience and esteemed panel of judges. It was such a great experience, we’re ready to do it again!
Because we are focused on short works, we ask that all submissions fall between three and fifteen minutes long. And to ensure we have a fun event for most ages, we require that all films meet and adhere to commonly accepted film ratings so that no piece is stronger than PG-13.
There are prizes for the top three best films, as selected by our panel of judges, and a prize for the Audience Choice winner, where our viewers pick the fan favorite.
So, if you are a local filmmaker, download our official rules and application document to get started!
- Early Entry Deadline: Must be received by: July 20, 2018 at 6 p.m. EST
- Official Deadline: Must be received by: August 10, 2018 at 6 p.m. EST
- Festival Date: August 25, 2017 at 7 p.m.
When making your submission we request your final piece be:
- 720p or 1080p resolution
- mp4, h.264 encoding
- stereo audio
- It can be sent in via usb thumb drive or submitted by sharing a download link via dropbox or another provider
- Admissions can NOT be accepted via DVD or Youtube/Vimeo upload
- Email us any questions at: email@example.com. Please use “2018 HAC Short Film Festival” in the subject line.
Ticket information and a link to online ticket purchases for the festival viewing will be posted soon.
If you are a supporter of the HAC, local filmmakers or the arts in general, please consider supporting our festival efforts by becoming a sponsor, or by putting an ad in our festival program. Check out the details below!
Have questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “2018 HAC Short Film Festival” in the subject line.